First, a few words about the name of the project, BJÖRKSNÄS is the name given by IKEA to my nightstand. While working Hard on the studio this nightstand has inspired me with...
1. A material: The wood, which is more sustainable than other construction materials with a negative carbon footprint.
2. A structural concept: The post and beam system, which allows a large flexibility and modularity of structure.
3. An architectural concept: Open spaces between the different functions.
The BJÖRKSNÄS project, located at the entrance of the site of the west station is intended to be a new landmark in Brussels.
- Academic year
- Study year
- Structure Material
- wood, reinforced concrete
- Structural System
- beam-column, shell, plate & membrane
- housing, public building, mixed (housing and public), public space, structure & detail
- sustainable design
- Course(s) attached
- Date of defense
- 24 September 2021